Apparently it is trendy to "be real" right now. I hear this a lot at bible study. We are supposed to share our "real" struggles...as opposed to our pretend struggles I guess.
I'm kidding. I get it. We often hide behind a façade of perfection that isn't a true reflection of who we are. Today my mission is to dispel any misconceptions about my amazing parenting skills.
TOP 10 LIST OF THE PAST WEEK
- In order to enjoy an extra twenty minutes of sleep, Grant was given the gift of watching television so I didn't have to play one more game of SORRY with him. Yes. I know it's NOvember. My house. My rules. Don't judge.
- I happily bought another roll of hem tape for John's ROTC pants since neither of us can get motivated to hem them the right way. Yeah. I know it's November and it should have been done two months ago.
- Cookies for breakfast. Is it really any worse than donuts? Enough said.
- My kid might be the only one in school still wearing shorts. He says he runs faster when he wears shorts. Isn't playing soccer more important than being warm?
- I probably ate the last crescent roll. Then I let the kids think David ate it.
- Slamming on the brakes is an efficient way to remind passengers that they need to buckle.
- While driving across the Kennedy Bridge, I drove slower because the kids were seeing who could hold their breath the entire distance across the bridge.
- The cat spent most of the day shut in the dark bathroom. I threw it in there as I was leaving the house. It was getting ready to puke and I didn't want to clean carpet when I got home.
- Laundry maid gets all cash found in the wash. Did someone really just tip me a $20? (I justify this one because they get all my money eventually anyway.)
- I paid the kids to rub my back. (Had to do something with the $20 I found!)
Yes folks. This is what a week in my life really looks like. I'm sure you're happy I shared. You're welcome!
One more happy note....
I made it through the first half of bible study without being kicked out...a feat I consider quite amazing. I guess I'll have to ramp up my efforts when we start up again in January.
Have a great weekend!!